Monday, September 30, 2013

What is the worst case?

Sorry have been MIA, I am trying to apply for jobs, finish my dissertation, and write as many journal articles as possible between now and November 1!!!

I had a great conversation with a friend today and I just had to write it down.  We are still waiting for our test results. The results that will indicate if it is medically recommended for us to conceive biological children.  As we were talking I told her about our plans if the tests come back that we should not.  She indicated that she did not want to think that way for us, but pray for a positive outcome. That is when it hit me: what is the worst case situation? Some would say it is if we can't have biological children, but really is that bad?  It would mean that we would adopt a child whose biological parents are not able to be parents at the moment.  That is not a bad thing! That is a miracle in of up it's self!  That is God working for the good of those who love Him.  There is nothing greater than that in this world.  The Bible talks about adoption more often than I ever realized. 

Jame 1:27 says "Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you".

Matthew 18:5 says "And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me."

We all love the story of baby Moses in the basket, but we often ignore the fact that Moses himself was adopted: Later, when the boy was older, his mother brought him back to Pharaoh's daughter, who adopted him as her own son. The princess named him Moses, for she explained, "I lifted him out of the water." (Exodus 2:10).

Another example of a famous Biblical individual who was adopted: "This man had a very beautiful and lovely young cousin, Hadassah, who was also called Esther. When her father and mother died, Mordecai adopted her into his family and raised her as his own daughter." (Esther 2:7).

To have the opportunity to adopt would be a blessing and is in no way a negative outcome from the tests.  Keeping this in mind, we will wait for the results and pray accordingly for God to lead us according to His plan for our lives. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are so wise and I love your positive attitude - you are so right, we are SO blessed! I love that God is working out all the details for you to be a mom! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Great perspective. I'm so excited how God will grow your family. Praying! :)

    ReplyDelete