I honestly feel that we are taking one step forward and two steps back all the time. We met with Dr. Gregg today and let me tell you my prayer from earlier today was spot on. Patience is not something I am great at, but it is something I am/have been working on. Well I am going to need it.
Without going into a ton of detail (mainly because it is boring and I don't think I could explain it very well) we need to do more genetic testing on the two of us before we proceed. The results from Jackson indicate that this is best decision before we proceed with trying to have biological children. I know without a doubt that this is the best decision, but I am frustrated that there is even a need for us to do this. I want to know with as much certainty as possible that we are genetically compatible. Right now we do not know this.
Of course to do this there is a nice price tag attached. The genetic counselor we work with during our last pregnancy is so great and is working with the lab to try and work out a financial deal for us given the situation. So pray for this as finances are really starting to become an issue.
Based on the results of the genetic testing we will either proceed with a FET or move towards adoption. We are open to both and if infertility was off the table we have always considered adoption. Adoption is such a great blessing and we have always felt called to adopt, so this maybe God's way of showing us this is His plan for us.
Right now we are praying for us to be still and listen. We know that God has a plan for us and for our family, and when we are still and patient and listen we will know what His plan is. We really would like to be able to do FET, but if that is not what God has planned for our lives we will move forward with adoption.