Saturday, August 24, 2013

Jackson's condition

I am a researcher.  It is what I do and what I love.  So when we got Jackson's autopsy results I of course had to research it and read journal articles that exist on the condition.  I found this absolute Godsend article! It is written by doctors at Mass Gen in Boston, which is actually the doctors we are working with.  We are apart of their study and for this I am so grateful.  This article shows that even if Jackson had made it 40 weeks, his chances of surviving would be way less than 20%.  If he had survived more than likely his quality of life would have been very low.  It also shows that of all babies diagnosed with CDH since 2000 and apart of the registry, approximately 4,888 babies, only 23 (.05%) had the exact same condition as Jackson!  Wow! Our little man really was special.  I pray that because of this he will truly be able to help over babies as this opportunity is oh so very rare.  We love our little man so much and know that God has an amazing plan for him and He continues to show this to me everyday.  We have had so much support for Jackson's memorial and we are so blessed by this opportunity.

Here is a link to the article if you are interested in reading it CDH Article

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you were able to find out more information on your little boy's condition. I know for me that helps as well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leslie!!!! It really does help and I am so grateful that we were able to find out.

    ReplyDelete