Sunday, January 27, 2013

Getting started


AF showed up on Wednesday and I had an ultrasound/blood work on Friday.  The blood work indicated that the lupron had worked and everything was low were it should be.  My RE did my ultrasound and was counting follicles on the right side, he got to 18 and said there are more but I am done counting:-)  He moved to the right side and got to 15 and said the same thing!  He was very impressed with 33+ follicles to start with and said it is a great place to start for sure. 

Last night marked the first night of stim! DP is in charge of all of my shots.  He is so sweet when he administers them and tries really hard not to hurt me.  He has been doing a great job and every time I feel like he does a better job.   He seems to really enjoy having the responsibility of the meds, he gets them ready and I just stand there.  I love that it allows him to be involved in the process and I love the time we spend together every night.  Last night we had to mix the repronex and the lupron. For anyone who hasn't done this you have to use different needles that are really long (scary long!) to mix them.  As DP is mixing them and getting them ready for the first time he sticks himself with the needle! He was so funny, he had a few choice words as his finger starts to bleed.  I think he understood that the shots really don't feel good now that he has stuck himself.  The follism shot went fine, I am doing 150 right now and will continue to do that until I got back on Tuesday for blood work. 

I can't believe we are this far along already!  Retrieval is scheduled at the moment for Feb 6, which is soon!  Hope everyone is doing great!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Sooooooo soon! It's crazy to think you could be PREGNANT in less than 3 weeks!!!!! Glad everything is going well so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda!!! I know it seems crazy how fast. I told DP today that if this cycle works just think they would count me as being pregnant right now:-) So crazy! How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, I forgot about that… you'd be due, when? The first of November? That's crazy! SO, SO, SOOOOO hopeful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I've been waiting for you to get started. Can't wait to root you along the entire way with prayers and support! Glad that the first injection went well and that you and hubs are enjoying that time together. I really loved that time together too, it felt really intimate and something that not too many get to experience together.

    And WOW, 33+ follies...AMAZING!!! I only had 5 at baseline appt...womp, womp. Those numbers should for sure secure you some frosties at the end of this cycle as well!

    So excited for you! You will be in my prayers daily!!!

    Hugs,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kara! I have been waiting for me to get started too:-) Thanks for the prayers. How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually feeling really great, thanks for asking! I get totally tired in the afternoons and feel like I can barely keep my eyes open, and boobs are still tender...but other than that, I don't feel any different than normal. Had another ultrasound today and everything looks great with little bean. I am feel so blessed and so thankful! I can't wait for you to get to this point where you can finally let out a huge sigh of relief after all the hard work!

    Hugs,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete