Thursday, November 1, 2012

Here we go....

We had our appointment on Wednesday to get the results from the last SA and figure out a plan.  We now have a plan which makes me extremely happy and much more comfortable!

We are entering the world of IVF.  Hubby's results were still not good (4.5million count, 25% mobility, and 1% morphology) so this the only real option we have at this point when you add in my endo.  No one ever goes to the doctor hoping they say "you get to do IVF now yay for you!!!!" so obviously we were hoping the results were better than before were we could do IUI.  However, been realistic we knew this was probably not going to happen. 

IVF has been something that I accepted years ago, literally when I was about 19. I have already cried about the possibility and been upset about having to do it so when we found out yesterday I was completely good!  Hubby ask some good questions, success rates, anything else we should consider before moving forward etc.  We had talked about that this was a very real possibility and his biggest thing was if we should do it in Gainesville (where we live) or drive 2 hours to the clinic in Jacksonville.  The clinic in Jacksonville has excellent success rates and I have known several people to get pregnant very quickly there and who speak highly of that clinic.  Our doctor in Gainesville was able to really sell us on doing it in Gainesville.  We are going to do it here and stay here as long as we feel it is the best place for us.  I love that I already know all the nurses, the lab techs, the financial lady, and all the sweet women who check us out weekly!  I am hopeful that the comfortable of being in this surrounding will help. 

The game plan is to wait.  No seriously... I have to wait for my next period to start, go figure.  Now I am just waiting and praying my cycle won't be crazy long this month.  Once that starts I get to do an ultrasound, FSH testing and a SIS test on my uterus.  From there I believe I start birth control (crazy right! go on birth control to try and get pregnant yep prefect logic....).  Then lupron shots.  From there I honestly don't remember the next steps...shots, shots, and more shots I believe. 

Regardless of the specifics I am super pumped to have a plan and to feel confident in this plan!  Of course I have some more tests to do more this actually happens, but I feel like we are moving in the right direction.  Oh and of course there is the cost issue...yeah about that.....

No comments:

Post a Comment