Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Our plan and my wonderful husband

I have been meaning to post this since last week but have not gotten around to.  We finally have a plan! I love having a plan, nothing makes me happier:-)

We are going to be using ARC fertility program to finance our IVF.  If you are not familiar with them they offer multiple plans for couples interested in fertility treatments.  We have decided to start with the 1plus plan which consists of 1 fresh cycle and 1 frozen cycle.  We are also using their refund guarantee program in which we either have a live birth or we receive 70% of our payment back.  The main reason we have decided to go with the 1 plus plan is that the hubby made a good point: we have no idea if my body can even handle a pregnancy!  We are fortunate in that we have not experienced a miscarriage or even a chemical pregnancy.  However, this also means we have no idea what my body can or can't do related to carrying a pregnancy.  We are going to start with this plan but have committed to each other that if we do not get pregnant with the first plan we will continue to pursue children (either adoption, surrogacy, or adoption).  This was extremely important to me to hear from him.  I needed to be assured that if this does not work we will not just give up and live a childless life.  I could not handle that.  Knowing that this is only step one and we have multiple options left I feel a thousand time better. 

We have spent a lot of time praising God lately.  I know that may sound extremely odd to some of you.  Why would we praise God in a time when we are not able to get pregnant and are having to go to science to try and achieve pregnancy? Hubby feels so strongly that we are meant to be together and that this is just more proof of that.  We have talked about IVF since probably around month 6 of dating (crazy I know!).  It is something that has always been a very real possibility for us as a result of my endo.  We had absolutely no way of knowing that the reason we would ultimately need to do it is a result of his SA.  He feels that it is such a blessing that we were already open to IVF.  He keeps saying what if I had ended up with someone who was not open to IVF or who did not expect to have to do it.  This way it is something we had already anticipated and have moved very quickly towards it.  So praise God that He had a hand in all of this way before we even knew we would need it!  He really brought us together for purpose and we believe that more and more everyday as a result of all of this. 

I love my husband so much and I appreciate him more than words can ever express.  He is an amazing man who stands by his word no matter what and I know when he promises me that we will have children in our home someway that he means it and will make it happen.  All of this has brought us even closer together, which I was not aware could even happen.  So many couples that we know struggle with their marriage without going through infertility and I just praise God that we are coming together and are on the same page in all of this. 

2 comments:

  1. It is great that you have a plan! Having a plan always gives me hope!! Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Leslie! Yes I always so better with a plan!

    ReplyDelete