Monday, March 4, 2013

Time moves slowly

Isn't amazing how slowly time can move when you are really looking forward to something!?!  Wednesday can't get here soon enough.   The past two weeks have been pretty good, some concerns but that is to be expected I think. 

We told my family when they all came to visit for my dad's birthday.  It was really sweet and exciting.  They knew we were doing IVF so it wasn't a "surprise" but they were are very excited that it "worked" the first time.  They all understand we don't want to share it with others yet.  They have been great so far. 

We then went the same weekend to DP's parents.  They also knew we were doing IVF.  This trip was not as much fun.  While they are very excited, his mom has wanted a grandchild since before we were engaged, they apparently don't get a few things.  First, his dad smokes and has for over 40 years and he has MS.  DP and I have always agreed that once I am pregnant his dad will basically get an ultimatum, quit smoking or quit seeing me and the baby once it's born.  Well the time finally came for this wonderful conversation.  His dad seems to understand what we are saying and promises to try to stop.  Well trying isn't going to cut it.  I know I sound mean and heartless but this is not a debatable issue for me.  His mom simply makes excuses for him saying we don't understand how hard it is blah blah blah.  Well it is going to be even harder to not see their grandchild.  We made it clear I would not be back down (it's only an hour and a half away) until he has completed stopped.  We will see what happens.  Anyways, we told them I was pregnant and made it very clear we did not want to tell the family yet.  My MIL even ask if we were telling my grandparents/aunts/uncles and we said absolutely not!  Before we could even tell his sister, I get a facebook message from his cousin saying Congratulations! Now I love his cousin he is awesome and I don't blame him for any of this.  Well I denied being pregnant to his cousin and ask would told him, his mom had and DP's mom had told her!  Needless to say we were pissed!  DP confronted his mom about it and let's just say it didn't go over very well.  Oh well lesson learned as far as who we can trust and who we can't.

As for me: I have had tons of nauseous for the past 2 weeks or so.  I feel the worst late afternoon into the night so I try to eat mostly during the morning and early afternoon.  I am drinking a ton of ginger tea and that seems to help (isn't hurting at least).  Small meals really help too and making sure that my stomach is never empty is good too.  My clothes don't fit!  I gained several pounds on all of the IVF meds and my clothes haven't really fit since then but they are only getting worse.  I am not sure what I am going to do about pants....

One concern:  I have been spotting since before I even tested positive.   The bleeding has only gotten worse and sometimes comes with cramping but usually not.  I have talked to my nurse several times and she has not been really concerned since most of the bleeding has been brown (sorry if TMI). This weekend I had some that was more red than brown so of course that makes me nervous.  DP and I have realized that the more I am up and moving around the worse the bleeding gets.  Lucky for me this is Spring Break week for us and while I am suppose to be at work I called in for today and tomorrow and will see what happens Wednesday morning at 9:45.  Praying this little tater-tot (my sister nicknames everyone and that is what she nicknamed the baby!) sticks around because it is amazing how much you can seriously love someone who is the size of a mustard seed! 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your in laws... I hope that all works out!! Keep us posted on tater-tot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really hard not to worry when you have spotting, but I just wanted to share that I had quite a bit of spotting in my first trimester and it was because I had a small subchorionic hematoma. It was seen on my first ultrasound at 8 weeks but was gone by the next one at 12 weeks. Spotting doesn't always mean the worst :) I hope your ultrasound is amazing and that you get awesome news!!

    ReplyDelete